*Authorized Poomsae refers to the Poomsae standard formulated by KUKKIWON.(TAEGEUK/PALGUE) Traditional poomsae
*Contest time: more than 30 seconds, and less than 90 seconds.
*Attire: Dojang Uniform
WT/USAT Recognized Poomsae Poomsae
“U.S. JR. TAEKWONDO CHAMPIONSHIP” uses “Cut-off Tournament Format” at World Class Poomsae Competition.
|Rules: Scoring shall be made in accordance with the USAT Poomsae and WT Competition Rules|
The cut-off tournament is a competition format that has a maximum of three rounds, a
preliminary, semi-final and final round. If the division has 20 or more competitors the
competition shall start from the preliminary round.
– The division may be split into groups, with each group judged by different judges in the preliminary round.
– The order of the competitors in the preliminary round and in each subsequent round is randomly determined.
– In the preliminary round, each contestant performs one or two assigned forms randomly selected from the Compulsory Poomsae by the Referee Chair. All competitors perform the same form(s). Scores are totaled for each contestant. Those with scores in the top 50% advance to the semi-final round.
– If the number of contestants in the division or groups is odd, then the number of contestants advancing to the next round will be rounded up. For example if there are 23 contestants in the group, then the 23 contestant number is rounded up to 24, and the 12 contestants with the highest scores shall advance to semi-final round. If there are 9 to 19 contestants, the competition shall start from the semi-final round.
– In the semi-final round, each contestant will perform two forms (one form may be performed) randomly selected from the Compulsory Poomsae (with the form(s) from the preliminary round excluded), and the 8 contestants with the highest scores advance to the final round.
– When 8 or fewer contestants are participating, the competition shall start from the final round.
– In the final round the contestants perform the two randomly selected forms from the Compulsory Poomsae that were not performed in the previous round. In the case where there are 8 or fewer contestants the final round is also the first round, and two Compulsory Poomsae randomly selected forms shall be performed.
– The top four contestants shall be awarded prizes based on their points.
– 3rd and 4th places are awarded bronze medals.
1) Accuracy (4 points)
a. Accuracy of basic movements
c. Accuracy of details of each Poomsae
2) Presentation (6 points)
a. Speed and power
c. Expression of energy
There will be one 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd place winner.
There will be one 1st, one 2nd, and two 3rd place winners.
1ST PLACE IN BOTH INDIVIDUAL POOMSAE AND SPARRING DIVISION.
**Tournament director may modify individual Sports Poomsae rules according to the local condition**